Supports for detainees in Immigration Detention Centers
Toward conditional release from Immigration Detention Centers
- Visit and support detainees in Immigration Detention Centers, because our
goal is conditional release of all detainees out of Immigration Detention
Problems of Immigration Detention Centers
- In cooperation with lawyers and other organizations, strengthen appeals
to the Diet as well as supports from humanitarian organizations.
- Make the most of campaign for a petition.
Supports for making a life
- In cooperation with humanitarian organizations in neighboring areas and
grass-roots organizations working for foreigners, appeal to Immigration
Detention Centers to respect human rights of the detainees and to improve
their living conditions.
Informing activities of refugee issues
- As citizens, demand with humanitarian purpose local governments that they/we
should more support foreign residents in Japan. For example, give them
social security such as welfare benefits, National Health Insurance, municipal
house and so on. (To give them such social security, present with a petition
and demand the Diet members to realize it)
Toward meeting global standards on refugees
- Make a brochure based on materials which were distributed at learning assemblies
organized by RAFIQ. In the future, we will publish an understandable book
and introduce to schools and communities lecturers for learning human rights
- Make a plan for 'World Refugee Day' of 20th June in cooperation with refugees,
supporters and other supporting organizations.
- Organize a lecture 'Want to know more about refugees'.
Supports for refugee recognition trials
- Know that domestic laws are subordinated to the related international laws
such as United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, and
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. We will learn and
inform from the viewpoint how domestic laws should reflect the global standards
defined by these international laws.
- Launch an appeal for revising Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition
Act, based on concrete cases such as detaining problems in Immigration
- Appeal to the Diet members.
- Participate and cooperate in supports for refugee recognition trials as
much as possible.